Reports from Fox sports suggest that Lionel Messi has suggested Barcelona to enter the race in order to snatch Real Madrid’s target.
More from FC Barcelona News
- Barcelona lack great alternatives for superstar youngster Ansu Fati
- Barcelona target frustrated by his club’s lack of ambition
- Barcelona face stiff competition for Memphis Depay
- Barcelona star faces lengthy absence after suffering injury
- Ronald Koeman is living on borrowed time at Barcelona and is nearing a sack
Both Barcelona and Real Madrid have been linked to Fabian Ruiz for quite some time now and it is very much justifiable. The 23 year-old is a bright prospect and could be a long-term option for any club that he decides to join.
The Los Blancos have been looking to strengthen their midfield and they even considered Paul Pogba at a point. However, the Red Devils’ evaluation of £180 million for the French International drove them away. They even looked to turn to Spurs’ Christian Eriksen and Ajax’s Van de Beek but failed to make any substantial deals.
Ruiz is currently valued at 30 million pounds which is not a big sum for these two clubs. However, with the race going on, it is likely that the price will elevate and a deal much higher than 30 million pounds can be reached. However it should be mentioned that he is worth that sum.
Lionel Messi is right in pushing Barcelona to go for the youngster as with Rakitic set to leave in the coming Winter Window, he could prove to be a good option and a competition to Frenkie de Jong. Moreover, he could be the future of the Blaugrana in the coming days.