Barcelona face off against Eibar as a crucial week that could decide their season is on the horizon.
On paper, Barcelona’s match against Eibar looks like a simple enough game. It’s anything but. The match is a tune-up of sorts their season in both the Champions League and LaLiga could be decided in less than ten days.
Unsurprisingly, manager Quique Setièn has chosen the strongest possible squad to for the match while leaving out academy players like Riqui Puig and Alex Collado. However, he did include left-back Sergio Akieme.
More from Everything Barca
- Lionel Messi pushes Barcelona into completing a logical swap deal
- Barcelona’s pursuit of Lautaro Martinez plummets on a downward roll
- Barcelona offer lucrative signing to complete an absolutely stupid deal
- Barcelona’s board continues its foolishness over transfers and falls out with Quique Setien
- Barcelona negotiate a free signing from Paris Saint-Germain
The match will take place at the Camp Nou which gives the Catalans even more an advantage. They have yet to drop points at home under Setién.
That being said, they have not been overly convincing either. Their last match at home against Getafe drew some boos from supporters as the club struggled mightily in the first half.
New signing Martin Braithwaite also made the matchday squad despite only just arriving. Whether he plays or not is up to the manager.
When asked about Braithwaite, Setién said,
“Surely we’ll see him in a game as a starter, but we’ll decide that as we go along. Will he play tomorrow? It’s possible.”
Source: Diario Sport
Setién was noncommittal whether the club’s new signing will start or not but it’s a good bet he will as everyone in that front three could use a rest. If only to be fresh for the upcoming games against Napoli and Real Madrid respectively.