The draw for the esteemed Copa Del Rey's RO32 is just around the corner. So far, 28 teams have survived and the four teams from Supercopa de España will join them.
The big favorites for the tournament are the three among the Supercopa de
España teams, FC Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atlético de Madrid. The Blaugranes' next five matches will determine with what grit they will enter the tournament.
Barça stands 3 places behind league leaders Girona, but in Europe, they stand on top of the table with a confirmed berth to the next round. Their favorite competition, where they have the most successful track record in history, awaits them after the new year.
- Pot 1: CA Osasuna, Real Madrid, Atlético de Madrid, FC Barcelona
- Pot 2: Rayo Vallecano, Real Sociedad, Sevilla FC, Valencia CF, Villarreal CF, Deportivo Alavés, Athletic Club, Real Betis Balompié, RC Celta de Vigo, Getafe CF, Girona FC, UD Las Palmas, RCD Mallorca
- Pot 3: RCD Espanyol de Barcelona, Racing de Ferrol, SD Huesca, CD Tenerife, SD Amorebieta, Burgos CF, FC Cartagena, SD Eibar, Elche CF
- Pot 4: Málaga CF, Unionistas de Salamanca CF, CD Castellón, CD Lugo
- Pot 5: UD Barbastro, Arandina CF
Barcelona's Potential Rivals for The Copa del Rey
According to the draw guidelines, FC Barcelona will face a team from either Pot 4 or Pot 5. The draw will match teams from Pot 5 with teams from Pot 1. If the Blaugranes manage to come up against Pot 5, then it will either be UD Barbastro or Arandina CF.
If the two Pot 5 teams don't get matched up against Barça, then it will either be
CA Osasuna and/or Real Madrid and/or Atlético de Madrid. Barcelona will be paired with one of the teams in Pot 4 due to these circumstances.
Two teams from Pot 4 will be up against two teams from Pot 1 and the remaining two will be matched against Pot 2. Then for the Cules, it will either be Málaga CF, Unionistas de Salamanca CF, CD Castellón or CD Lugo.